Botox is a popular, non-surgical cosmetic treatment used to reduce wrinkles and fine lines on the face, forehead, and other areas of the body. By temporarily relaxing the underlying muscles, it’s able to produce a softening of lines and wrinkles for a more youthful look. Botox can also help restore facial symmetry in cases where muscle imbalance is present. Botox can also be used to treat TMD (temporomandibular disorder) caused by clenching or grinding the teeth which causes tension headaches, neck pain, and earache. Botox injections are quick and virtually painless with no downtime required afterwards – with results lasting up to 6 months!
How does it work?
- Botox® is a medication used to block overactive nerve impulses and temporarily relax the muscles beneath the skin, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
Are you a good candidate?
- It is an ideal treatment for those between the ages of 18 and 65 who are looking to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, or even relieve symptoms of TMJ-related pain and bruxism/grinding teeth.
What can you expect with this treatment?
- Botox is a quick and comfortable procedure with no recovery time required afterwards.
- Results can last between 1-6 months, depending on the patient.
- For best results, it is recommended to have follow-up treatments every 3-4 months. Talk to your doctor about whether Botox is right for you!
Call us to find out how we can help you with Botox treatments! Contact Lowell Tooth Docs today at (978) 454-8400 for more information.